- 250g free range bacon, diced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, finely sliced
- 3 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 2 medium granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped small
- Mayonnaise – enough to coat the salad (recipe here)
- Fry bacon until crispy and set aside on paper towel to drain oil off (the oil is fine, it just ruins the salads texture). Allow to cool.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large enough bowl to then be able to toss together. Toss it all with half the mayonnaise you think you need (sometimes its deceptive). If it looks like it needs more, then simply add 1 or 2 Tbsp at a time until you have a desired coating. Too much will make it kind of sloshy, but it will still taste good. Good for about 24 hours or until the lettuce goes weird.