- Chicken Breast filleted for schnitzel
- Coconut flour – the finer the better
- 1 Egg
- Salt or herbal salt
You need two plates to schnitzel a breast.
- On one plate sift some coconut flour, approx 1 cup.
- On the other plate pour a beaten egg into the center.
- Dip the chicken breast first into the egg, getting it nice and thick on both sides.
- Now dip the egged chicken into the coconut flour. Try to hold the ends and ‘pat’ it into the flour. Make sure it is completely covered, then give it a gentle shake so that the excess comes off. If you haven’t done this before it is best to schnitzel all your chicken before beginning to cook.
- Next heat a heavy base pan over a medium low heat. Let the pan heat up for a few minutes so that the oil heats quickly when poured in – if the oil is not hot it will absorb into the flour. Cook until golden on both sides and then place in warm oven for 5 minutes to sit.
**FISH CAN BE CRUMBED IN THE SAME MIXTURE**