- 1 kg Pork belly
- 3 onions
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 4 granny smith apples
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Celtic sea salt
- Pre heat oven to 200C Dry the skin of the pork belly, rub salt and oil over the skin. Be generous .
- Place the pork belly skin up in baking dish and cook for roughly 25minutes skin should go crispy.
- Whilst the skin is crisping, cut onions into half then thirds.
- Remove pork from oven and add onions, fennel underneath the pork and cover in olive oil (make sure not to get oil on the crackle at this stage).
- Turn your oven down to 150C – 160C and cook for 1 1/2 hour. Until a knife goes in easily .
- When you have 40 minutes to go peel and quarter apples. Add around the pork dish and coat in balsamic vinegar be liberal. Again don’t get it on the crackle.
Serve and enjoy!