Size 16 or 17 free range chicken
- 2 onions
- Large sweet potato
- Half pumpkin
- Garlic cloves
- 8-10 baby carrots
- Salt and pepper
- Good glug of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180’C.
- Pat chicken with paper towel inside and out to dry it out well. Place into baking tray.
- Slice onions roughly and and strew around the chicken.
- Splash oil on the chook and onions and then rub with salt and pepper. You can add herbs or lemon to the cavity if you can be bothered. Place in the oven.
- Then, peel and chop your sweet potato and pumpkin, keeping the pumpkin slightly larger (avoids having to put them in at different times). Peel carrots but leave whole.
- Place sweet potato, pumpkin and garlic into another roasting tray or stainless steel fry pan and toss with more oil and salt and pepper. Place in oven about 20 mins after chook..
- Throw carrots in around chook and toss in oil. Cook for 70-75 minutes from the time the chook went in. Don’t worry if you get the veg in late as the chook needs to sit covered in foil for about 15 mins after cooking so you have some leeway.